Building Details for Our Boutique Riverfront Apartments
River’s Edge is not your typical riverfront property for sale. We’re working with award-winning architects, landscape designers, and builders to create twelve unique homes for our residents. Every detail of River’s Edge apartment building has been refined to create a visionary space, beginning with your very first glimpse. Our spaces maximise the expansive water views while offering the privacy and peaceful solitude of a retreat.
Don’t hesitate to find your very own piece of luxurious riverfront living. Enquire with us today!
Part of creating a luxury living space is in designing the surrounding gardens to inspire and warm the heart, while offering the privacy that comfortable living requires. Award-winning Sola Landscape Design was chosen to create the landscaping, as their portfolio reflected an expertise in delivering visionary and creative design solutions.
• Native trees and plantings add a natural touch while maintaining the privacy of residents.
• Secure private entrances provide residents with pleasant entries from both the street and the waterfront reserve.
• Lawn and garden areas with patios available for ground-floor residents, with their own private gateways.
“We take a fresh new perspective on how to bring a development to life, delivering beyond the obvious to create spaces that are unique and special.”
– Mike Rogan, Sola Landscape Design
Located on the edge of the Tamaki River, this boutique apartment complex by renowned architects Young + Richards features clean lines and a balance of textural materials which result in a sleek yet welcoming façade.
The building is comprised of 12 stunning apartments of various sizes split over three levels, with interestingly shaped layouts to maximise the site and orientation. The external materials and architectural elements create a language that articulates the building elements while working together to break down the overall mass of the building.
A light palette for the cladding textures has been chosen to minimise the bulk of the building, and this is contrasted with strong black vertical elements which add variation to the façade and create a contemporary feel. River’s Edge has been designed to please down to the very last detail, including each element of the chosen architecture.
• James Hardie’s Axon Panel has been selected as the cladding material on the main wall panels. The vertical pattern on the Axon panels breaks up these large surfaces and complements the vertical louvres adjacent. The vertical pattern also allows vertical control joints to be concealed within the building surface.
• James Hardie’s Titan Panel has been selected for all horizontal building elements and provides a smooth surface in contrast to the vertical patterned surface texture of the large wall panels. This contrast also creates depth to the façade.
• The vertical feature louvres have been selected to create rhythm across the façades, provide privacy to external balconies, screen large elements such as the main access stair, and connect the elements of the building vertically from ground to roof level.
• Rendered concrete blockwork forms the base of the building and external boundary walls grounding the building form a strong demarcation to the project boundaries.
“We love collaborating with ambitious clients to design and build unique and inspiring spaces that transform the way we live.”
– Elvon Young, Young + Richards Architecture